IGA RAVENSHOE + FREEHOLD FOR SALE
Strategically located in the main street and business hub of Ravenshoe and flanked by the Post Office and local Pharmacy, the business IGA Ravenshoe and the freehold are now offered to the market for the first time in over a decade. The building is a double storey commercial construction set on 1,060 m2, with the supermarket on the ground floor and a four-bedroom residence on the first floor.
Features of the business opportunity include:
• Supermarket recently refurbished, and checkouts updated with new screens, computers and printers
• Installation of new meat, produce and freezer cabinets and all plant renewed with energy efficient units to minimise power costs
• Range includes Service Deli and Hot Box, Fresh Produce, Meat, Chiller, Freezer and Bakery, Grocery, Variety, Gas, and Ammunition (fully licensed)
• Consistent sales and profitability growth
• Fully trained staff
• Absolute front door customer parking
• New Bakery Department with new, efficient oven and upgraded shelving
• Ample rear storage
• Meat Safe Food Licensed room and Fruit and Veg prep area
• New LED lighting throughout
• Automatic, 1,500 KVA generator and new surge protection switchboard wiring
• Spacious, four bedrooms, two living areas, full kitchen and two bathrooms
• Room for a second kitchen with all electrical wiring and piping in place
• Can be reconfigured into two apartments by closing just one door
• Mature, peaceful garden
Ravenshoe is a growing rural town some 123km inland from Cairns and at an elevation of 930 metres, is the highest town in Queensland. Current population sits around 1,500, with another 1,500 residents at outlying Millstream, Tumoulin, Evelyn and Kaban.
Main industries include beef, dairying, timber, mining, tourism and wind farming. The approval of a new wind farm at Tumoulin should ensure both increased population and expenditure in Ravenshoe for several years during and post construction.
The town has a pre-school, both private and public primary schools, a high school and two banks.
The exiting owners are wishing to retire to the Northern Beaches of Cairns. Rarely do supermarket opportunities with the freehold attached reach the market. Investors and extended families are urged to inspect.