UNIQUE WOODWARD ST BAKERY FOR SALE
Combining the charming and quaint aesthetic of character homes of yesteryear with an already flourishing genuine artisan bakery-cafe, the opportunity to own the highly regarded Woodward St Bakery has arrived. With a reputation for hand-crafted pastries and excellent coffee, all the hard work has been done for you, with the bakery’s branding already synonymous with quality and consistency.
Situated in one of Cairns’ most desirable suburbs and only 10 minutes from the CBD, the Woodward St Bakery is located on the five-ways roundabout in the leafy suburb of Whitfield. The business’s innovative approach has seen the operation redefine the bakery and cafe offering in Cairns. The genuine artisan focus appeals greatly to the suburb’s demographic and ensures an ever-changing product line which continues to entice repeat clientele.
The building, which was the suburb’s local store for several decades, was extensively refurbished at a cost of some $250,000 in 2018 upon the founding of the business. The renovations completely reimagined the old building and created the sparkling and character-filled property that sits at the heart of the suburb today.
The suburban pocket of Whitfield and Edge Hill has become the city fringe home to a high proportion of business owners, management-level individuals and their families - the majority with high disposable incomes. The local restaurant strip, Botanical Gardens, Tanks Arts Centre and Red Arrow walking track are all in close proximity.
The Business Opportunity Features:
• Turnkey operation with fully trained team members
• Fully equipped commercial kitchen and bakery with all equipment - including walk-in cold room, retarder proofer and Tagliavini oven - in pristine condition and free and clear
• Ample customer off-street parking which also caters for cycling enthusiasts
• Compressed 7-day trading hours
• Potential for outside catering and a satellite duplication, including pop-ups
• Functional, open workspace
• A clear point of difference with all finished products made in house, by hand, with quality ingredients
• Range includes but is not restricted to an array of pastry products, croissants, pain au chocolate, sweet and savoury dishes, muffins, quiches and fresh sandwiches
• Outstanding business reputation and the go-to destination for coffee and bakery delights
• Extensive website and social media presence embraced by the local community
• Long lease with options and sub-lease in place for an evening sub-tenant, therefore virtually negating any onerous monthly rental expense
• Generous transitional training on offer to a Buyer
• COVID, recession proof business not reliant on international or domestic tourism
• Asking price circa the replacement cost of fit-out and plant and equipment
The exiting founding owner, who is relocating to Melbourne, and in preparation for her business sale, has delegated the majority of operational duties to her fully trained team. Potential Buyers and extended families have the capacity to reap further financial rewards with more hands-on involvement.
Entrepreneurs, bakers, chefs and white-collar investors are strongly urged to consider!